Getting a fitting consult before or after your baby arrives have different advantages and it really depends on your objectives for the consult.
Having a consult before your baby arrives offers you the following advantages:
– acquire skills in carrying a newborn right from the start & some tips to start off your successful parenting journey
– understand baby’s and parent’s anatomy without distractions
– try out the different options in a unhurried way with the objective of getting a sling, wrap or carrier
Having a consult after your baby arrives offers you the following advantages:
– learn tips on carrying/ calming your baby and assurance if you are doing it right
– get a brief understanding of baby & parent’s anatomy with your real baby
– trying out 3 or 4 carriers with your own baby with the objective of getting a sling, wrap or carrier
Some parents prefer getting everything settled before baby arrives and we walk them through the options that will work for them – why and why not. If you get your carrier before baby arrives, we do offer a complimentary 1 x 1 hr babywearing support session within a year worth $50 if you have trouble working it out with baby. Some parents prefer to be 100% sure by doing a fitting only when their babies arrive so if you prefer that you can book for a consult as soon as baby arrives as well. We’re happy to support you either way.